Elips is up to now tested under the following envirronment :
· WinNT 4.0,2000,XP , Linux, Mac OS X
· JDK 1.4.1, 1.4.2 , 1.4.3
· Apache Tomcat 4.1.30/5.0.19 or or Jetty 4.2.21/5.0
· MySQL 4.0,MysSQL 4.1, Oracle 9i, SQLServer2000, MSDE and PostgreSQL(experimental)
· Internet Explorer 5.5 and more, Mozilla/Firefox browsers
The delivery contains the following :
· elips.war : the application to be put in Tomcat workspace
· installation.html : this file
· createElips<MyDatabase>.sql : databases and tables
· exampleElip<MyDatabase>.sql : complete example reconfigured
· updateDBFromElips1.3.sql : this file is used only for the former users of the V1.3 of Elips to upgrade the dabase
1. Install the JDK on your server machine
2. Install Tomcat or Jetty on your server
3. Install your preferred database(MySQL,Oracle, SQLServer,PostgreSQL) ; sqlserver and mysql jdbc drivers are already provided under WEB-INF/lib....Put your personal driver (Oracle, PostgreSQL) here otherwise. on your server machine
4. The Database configuration is made entirely by the CreateElips<MyDatabase>.sql script provided in the downloaded .zip. Use your usual tool to run the script.
5. If you want to try a preloaded example, you can load file in the RDBMS the exampleElip<MyDatabase>.sql
6. Put the file Elips.war in the directory /webapps of TOMCAT/JETTY and restart the servlet server if it is a service. You also can use the Tomcat application manager to add the elips.war to the jsp server
7. Modify properties through the following configuration page http://localhost:8080/Elips/config/configurationLogin.jsp the configuration file $CATALINA/webapps/Elips/WEB-INF/classes(or src)/org/gyx/elips/conf/Elips.
o The login/password are admin/root to be modified for security pruopose in the configuration page.
o This file may also be modified manually by experienced administrators, in particular in the case where the configuration jsp page doesn’t work – it occurs sometimes when several tomcat processes runs...
8. Restart Tomcat/Jetty.
Access to Elips
The access is simple; go to http://localhost:8080/Elips/index.jsp.
To configure users, projects, ..., you have to go to the administration page here : http://localhost:8080/Elips/Jsp_BeginEnd/AdminLogin.jsp
A particular user/password named su /root (to be changed after for security purpose) enables the user to configure the company (company administation page) and to create administrators, users, company departments, and teams. If you have not loaded the example, don't forget to do these tasks!!!
Dont't forget to look at the web site for additional information like the documentation, the faqs, ... at http://opinionplugin.sourceforge.net
User Authentication on Windows
On windows , elips provides option of 2 types of authentications
(1) using default ELIPS authentication
(2) Using Windows NT authentication.
To use elips authentication choose ELIPS as the AUTHENTICATION_CLASS variable. ELIPS authentication uses password stored in company.users table to authenticate the user.
To use Windows NT authentication service use org.gyx.elips.technical.WindowsNTAuthentificator as the AUTHENTICATION_CLASS and enter domain names separated by comma in AUTHENTICATION_DOMAINS variable. Elips will try to authenticate the user against each domain in the order defined in the AUTHENTICATION_DOMAINS field in the configuration jsp. It will return true once a domain successfully authenticates the user, if authenticatation fails in all the domains, incorrect password message is displayed.
To use WindowsNT authentication, first login into configuration.jsp and select org.gyx.elips.technical.WindowsNTAuthentificator as the AUTHENTICATION_CLASS and enter 1 or more valid domain names separated by comma in AUTHENTICATION_DOMAINS field. Copy NTSystem.dll from WEB-INF/lib directory to a directory in your path (preferably in %WindowsNT%\system32 directory). Make sure that tagishauth.jar is also in the WEB-INF\lib